1000$ per person
6 Days / 5 Nights
March 15, 2019
Cairo, Alexandria, and Luxor
Duration : 6 days / 5 nights
Accommodation : 5 nights in Cairo
Covering/sights : Cairo, Alexandria, and Luxor
Traveling dates : any arrival day
Welcome to Cairo! Your tour begins when you are greeted by our representative who will assist you through immigration and customs formalities. After you have collected your luggage he will then take you, in our deluxe vehicle, to your Cairo hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel is followed by a full day tour. In the morning you will be driven to see the Pyramids of Giza and the Great Sphinx: the most famous monuments of not only ancient Egypt, but of the entire ancient world! These massive stone structures were built around 4,500 years ago on a rocky desert plateau close to the Nile.
After lunch, at a local restaurant, you will be taken to Sakkara to see the very first pyramid ever built; the Step Pyramid of Djoser. You will also get the chance to see some fantastic mastabas, including the mastaba of Mereruka, the largest one built in ancient Egypt. You will then be able to marvel at the Pyramid Texts inside the Pyramid of Teti before heading off to the ancient capital of Egypt: Memphis. The Colossus of Ramses II dominates the museum here.
After this amazing trip through Egypt’s pharaonic past you will be driven back to your hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel is followed by another full day tour, but this time you will spent the forenoon at the Egyptian Museum: gaze at the wonders of King Tutankhamen, including his golden death mask; stare upon the mummies of some of Egypt’s ancient pharaohs (optional); lose yourself in the many rooms and galleries, where thousands of artefacts are awaiting your visit.
After lunch, at a local restaurant, you will be taken to the Citadel of Saladin, the fortress built between 1176 and 1183 AD, to protect Cairo from the Crusaders and rebuilt by Muhammad Ali Pasha, whose mosque is a “must see”. From here you will be taken on a tour of Cairo famous Churches, including: The Hanging Church and the Church of St. George the Martyr, 2 churches built into the walls of the Fort of Babylon and its remains could be Cairo’s oldest structures; and the Church of Abu Serga (St. Sergius), where, it is said, the Holy Family took shelter in a cave, with the church being erected her to commemorate this. This whole area is a world famous destination for Pilgrims.
Before being driven back to your hotel you will have the opportunity to visit the old market of Cairo (Khan El-Khalili) to test your haggling skills.
After breakfast you will check out and our representative will escort you to the airport for your flight to Luxor. Upon arrival you will be met by our representative who will start your full day tour
with a trip to the West Bank of Luxor: the tombs of the New Kingdom Pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings; the magnificent temple of Queen Hatshepsut at Deir El-Bahri finishing with the immense Colossi of Memnon.
After lunch, at a local restaurant, you will be taken to the magnificent Karnak and Luxor Temples. Once your visit to these ancient Theban Temples is complete you will driven back to Luxor airport for your flight back to Cairo, where our representative will take you to your hotel.
Your day starts with breakfast in your hotel followed by a 2.5 hour drive, in our air-conditioned vehicle, to Alexandria. Upon arrival it will be time to start your tour of this beautiful city, originally built by Alexander the Great. You will first visit the Citadel of Qaitbay, where in 1480 AD the Mameluke Sultan Al-Ashraf Qaitbay fortified the site, which held the ruins of the Alexandria Lighthouse, and with successive improvements it now stands as a very prominent Citadel on the Mediterranean coastline. You will then have the opportunity to choose any 2 of the sites listed below before you finally visit the Montazah Gardens, a private park where world leaders often meet; 150 acres of numerous trees, palms, and flowers which overlook many bays and beaches. Here you will have a late lunch and at the end of the day you will have a tired, but fulfilled, drive back to Cairo.
The sites from which you may choose 2 to visit from are:
● 1/ The Catacombs (Kom el Shoqafa): here is where many of the early Christians were buried; ensuring safety for their bodies.
● 2/ Pompey’s Pillar: the biggest memorial column in Egypt made of red granite and standing about 28 metres high, with a base diameter of 2.7 metres. During the reign of the Roman Emperor Diocletian, the Roman ruler of Egypt, between 284 and 305AD, erected this memorial column in his honour, as a sign of gratitude.
● 3/ The Roman Amphitheatre: which every town in the ancient Roman Empire had.
● 4/ The Alexandria National Museum: built in a former palace and now houses almost 2000 artefacts which tell the story of the city, including the recent finds from the sunken part of the city.
● 5/ The New Alexandria Library or Bibliotheca Alexandrina: this building was inaugurated on October 16, 2002, with shelf space for eight million books, with the main reading room on eleven levels.
● 6/ The Greco/Roman Museum: 21 rooms containing about 40,000 valuable relics dating from as early as the 3rd century BCE.
Your final day starts with breakfast at the hotel followed by check-out. You will then be transferred to the airport for your final departure.
End Of Package
● 5 night’s accommodation in Cairo on a bed and breakfast basis
● All transfers as per above mentioned program
● Private English speaking guides as per the itinerary
● Entrance fees for all sightseeing
● All applicable taxes
● Private and deluxe air conditioned vehicle for all transportation
● Meals: 5 breakfasts + 4 lunches
● Arrival/departure assistance and luggage handling at airports and hotels
● Domestic flights: Cairo/Luxor and Luxor/Cairo
● Tipping for guides, driver, etc
● Personal expenses (laundry, telephone calls, etc)
● Personal travel insurance
● Any other items which are not included in the above package
|Per Person at||5 Star Hotels|
|Double Room||$ 1000.00 USD|
|Single Room Supplement||$ 1290.00 USD|
|Per Person at||5 Star Deluxe Hotels|
|Double Room||$ 1250.00 USD|
|Single Room Supplement||$ 1590.00 USD|